We can use Bluetooth technology to connect laptop and cell phone. We can move videos, images, photos etc from a desktop computer or a laptop to our cell phones. In order to use Bluetooth technology to connect laptop and cell phone we need a laptop and a cell phone which support this technology.
If the laptop doesn't support it, we can use a USB Bluetooth dongle. Just plug it into the USB port of the desktop computer or laptop. Leave the rest to Microsoft Windows. It will find the driver and install it itself. If it is not supported, we can manually install it via the manufacturer's compact disk. Follow these simple steps in order to use Bluetooth to connect laptop and cell phone: (In this example, we are using Windows Vista)
- Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your cell phone
- Make this setting: my Phone's visibility -> Shown to all on the cell phone.
- Open Bluetooth Devices by clicking on its icon in the Control Panel.
- Look for the Bluetooth driver in the Device Manager and double-click on its icon.
- Check the box for "My devices is set up and ready to be found" in the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard dialog box.
- Click on the Next button.
- This device wizard will display the name of the found Bluetooth device close by.
- Click on the device name that you would like to add and click on Next
- Select "Let me choose my own key" or "Choose a passkey for me" and click on Next.
- It will now display the passkey. Key this into the cell phone. Now the laptop is initiating to install the Bluetooth device. (Click Yes as you see the prompt message on the cell phone to allow connection with the laptop)
- Click on the Finish button to close the dialog box of Add Bluetooth Device Wizard.
- The Bluetooth device (the cell phone) is now displayed in Bluetooth Devices dialog box. Select the Bluetooth device and click on the Properties button.
- In the end you can launch the items of the cell phone. Transfer photos, videos etc to cell phone via Bluetooth technology.
- This method can also be used to connect laptop to Bluetooth devices like Bluetooth mouse, Bluetooth keyboard, Bluetooth headset, etc.
You may also be interested in: