All the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems have Recycle Bin where the deleted file are stored just in case if you need them back, you can restore them anytime. Recycle Bin doesn't have an option to rename it. However you name rename it after making changes in the Registry. People who prefer to rename the Recycle Bin can follow these simple instructions.
Follow these Steps:
- Click Start and then click Run and type Regedit and Hit enter.
- After opening the Registry Editor, Hold the Ctrl and press F or Click Edit from top and click Find
- Paste the Highlighted text 645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E and click Find Next
- It will Highlight the Key or manually navigate to the following key
- Click on the + sign or Arrow key to expand
- Click on ShellFolder key
- Change the Attributes data value from 40 01 00 20 to 50 01 00 20. Once completed change the CallForAttributes dword value to 0 and it will be 0x00000000 (double-click and change value data to 0). You must change both of these values to get the rename to appear
- After performing the above steps you will be able to rename the Recycle Bin icon like any other icon. Right-click the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop and click Rename and rename it to whatever you wish.
You may also be interested in: