Go to Computer Tips & Tricks > General Computer Tips & Tricks > Removing the Recycle Bin
Recycle Bin is a holding area for files and folders before final deletion from a storage device. However the Recycle Bin can be removed from the computer by following few simple steps specified below.
Follow these steps for Vista and Windows 7:
- Open Personalization by clicking the Start, then click Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization, and then click on Personalization.
- In the left pane, click Change desktop icons, and then do one of the following
- To Remove the Recycle Bin from the desktop, clear the Recycle Bin check box.
- To Display the Recycle Bin on the desktop, select the Recycle Bin check box.
- Click on Startand then click on Run and type Regedit
- Navigate to NAMESPACE key in left pane.
- Expand NAMESPACE (click '+' box)
- Delete the value RECYCLE BIN in right pane.
You may also be interested in: