Using the Remote Desktop feature, you can connect your home computer (host) from any other remote computer (client) and can access all computer resources (installed programs, data and any network resources). You can run any computer application on the remote computer as you were running actually sitting in front of home computer.
Follow the given steps to configure your computer to connect remote computer:
- To use this feature, you will need to be logged into your computer with Administrative Rights.
- To perform this task, first make sure your both computers are connected to the Internet.
- First you have to configure the host computer that allows the users to connect it remotely. On the host computer, right click on "My Computer" and click on Properties option.
- Under the Remote tab, select the option "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" and click OK button.
- Now get the IP address of the Host computer
- Click on Start and then click "Run" or Hold the Ctrl Key and R
- In the Run windows type CMD and the Command Prompt will prompt with a black screen
- Type ipconfig /all on the Command Prompt of host computer to find IP address of the Host computer
- Now make a connection on remote or client computer, click on Start button, go to All Programs> Accessories, and Communications, then click on Remote Desktop Connection, option. A Remote Desktop Connection, dialog box will appear.
- Click on Options button for detail configuration, under the General tab, type the IP address of host computer in the Computer box and also type username and password (If prompted) of host computer then click on Connect button to make a connection to remote computer.
- If your username and password is correct then a remote desktop windows will appear.
You may also be interested in: