Go to Computer Tips & Tricks > General Computer Tips & Tricks > Add Your Own Logo To Windows Vista or Win 7 System Properties
How could you add a logo or portrait of dream girl to Windows Vista or Win 7 System Properties?
Well, this is just a little Vista trick that involves editing Windows Registry and preparing a BMP file format in a size measured at 120 x 120 pixel.
Follow these steps to add a logo or portrait to Windows Vista or Win 7 System window:
- Using your favourite image editor to resize or crop the target image (logo or portrait of your dream girl) to 120 x 120 pixels in size and save it as BMP file format.
- Copy or Move the 120x120 pixels BMP file to System32 directory, (e.g. C:\Windows\System32\Logo.bmp)
(assuming you've saved the BMP file as Logo.bmp)
- Open up Windows Registry (i.e. click the Vista Start button, type regedit.exe in the Start Search textbox, click the regedit.exe shortcut listed in the Program list)
- Browse to this Registry key path:
- While at the OEMInformation Registry key, right-click on the right-pane, select New then String Value and name it as logo
- Double-click the logo Registry and enter the full path of BMP file in Value Data, i.e. C:\Windows\System32\Logo.BMP
Now, the Windows Vista System window should display the new logo/portrait immediately.
- If you want to add manufacturer information to Windows Vista System window.
- Browse to Register key path:
- At the OEMInformation Registry key, right-click on the right-pane, select New then String Value and name it as Manufacturer
- Double-click the Manfacturer Registry and enter the manufacturer information in Value Data, i.e. IBM, Sony, HP, or Your Name.
Share on Facebook
You may also be interested in: